Navsari District has three Sub Division namely NAVSARI,CHIKHLI and VANSADA for administrative convenience, A Revenue division is headed by Prant Officer in Cadre of Dy. Collector, He is also the Sub Divisional Magistrate having jurisdiction over his division.
Blocks or Talukas :A sub-division in divided among blocks.Navsari District consists of six talukas, Every Taluka is headed by a Mamlatdar (Tehsildar).
Under section- 8 and 9 of the land Revenue Act 1879 the Prant officer enjoys power of land revenue administration and exercises power of sub divisional officer by virtue of his office. The Prant officer is a coordination officer of Taluka and exercises control on affairs of other offices of the state government. Moreover, he supervises the work of local self government bodies and revenue work transferred to Panchayats. He acts as Asst. electoral officer of Loksabha and election officer of Vidhansabha. He also works as election registration officer and electoral officer in election of local self government bodies.
Matters that dealt by Prant Officers :
- To expedite non-agriculture assessment, land revenue, education cess, violation of term and dispose of government waste land and thereby increase govt. receipt.
- To increase receipt by stamp duty recovery, assessment and increased registration.
- Increase receipt through vigorous efforts of hotel licenses, video, cable TV theater and hotel, inspection and recovery of entertainment tax.
- Work of minerals, to prevent illegal mining and make efforts to increase royalty.
- To prevent malpractice, increase receipt and tax evasion under Sales Tax Act
- To strengthen P.D.S. active enforcement in cases of PBM cases and ration cards. Antyodaya Yojana.
- Solution of issues of urban areas and regulation on administration of Municipality.
- Implementation of schemes of Child welfare and social security assistance to widows and destitute and old persons.
- To play an effective role in disposal of issues presented in Gram Sabha and revenue activities handed over to Panchayat.
- Training under E-governance, Civil Centre, issues presented in Lok Darbar and implementation of citizens Charter in true spirit.
- To perform field duty as per norm of the government.
- Effective scrutiny of sub ordinate officers at sub divisional level and revenue record.
- Check work of city survey.
- To start campaign for encroachment, recovery of government dues, cases of violation of non-agri. land, recovery of non-agri. assessment, disposal of record of right entries.
- Strengthening process of tenancy, land acquisition.
- To ensure disposal of application in time bound manner files and applications of people.
- To take effective steps for E-Dhara, Land Record computerization revenue promulgation.
- Effective implementation of disaster management and rehabilitation.